- Written by Dean R & D
- Category: Project Positions
- Published: 22 December 2016
Walk in interview for a DST/SERB project entitled “Chiral Bis(amino)cyclopropenylidenes and Bis(amino)cyclopropenimines Catalyzed Enantioselective Organocatalytic Transformations”
Essential qualifications: MSc/MS degree in Chemistry (or equivalent degree) with a valid NET JRF or GATE qualification. Candidate with experience in synthetic organic chemistry is desirable. The selected candidate is expected to perform synthesis of chiral bis(amino)cyclopropenylidenes and bis(amino)cyclopropenimines, and later execute some asymmetric transformations using those chiral organocatalysts. The candidate should be motivated and hard working. Possibility of converting the project position to a PhD position will exist for candidates clearing PhD entry requirements at IISER while working on the project work.
Emoluments: As per DST rules
Project Duration: Two years (Initially, position will be given for one year, after a satisfactory performance by the candidate this can be extended)
Date of Interview: 24.02.2017 (Friday)
Time: 11:00 am
Venue: 5F-10, AB-1, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Mohali.
Document required during the walk-in interview:
1. An application letter and CV (biodata) with the following information
2. Date of Birth.
3. Educational qualification from School examination onwards and documents in support of the Education qualification
4. Documents in support of NET JRF or GATE qualification
5. Research experience, papers/reports/conference proceedings published if any.
6. Address for correspondence with email address.
Interested candidates may contact:
Dr. R. Vijaya Anand,
Department of Chemical Sciences,
Office: 5F10, Academic Block 1