IISER MOHALI COMPUTING FACILITIES
The Computer center at IISER Mohali provides internet and computing facilities to students for their academic work.
An Email account has been created for you and the user name and password is enclosed in your folder. Do not share this password with anyone. We will never ask for this information from you and please make sure that you do not respond to any e-mail that asks you to supply password or other personal information. If you do send details by e-mail, it will cause problems for you and for the institute e-mail service. In case it is found that you have replied to such an e-mail, your e-mail account will be suspended.
You may access e-mail on your smartphone, however, sending e-mails from such devices via an app is not allowed at present. The required setup for this is as follows:
- IMAP Server: iisermohali.ac.in
Security Type: None
- Outgoing Server Settings:
SMTP Server: iisermohali.ac.in
Security Type: None
The institute has a campus wide wifi network and you are entitled to one key for this. This key can be used in one device. One key has been e-mailed to you.
On line course material is available on the internet which can be accessed at: http://188.8.131.52/moodle. Login details for Moodle will be mailed to you.
You should familiarise yourself with the ERP system as your course registration, etc. is done using this. With IISERM ERP System, you can view your personal profile, Fee details, Mentor details, Semester grades and do your course registration online for each semester. IISERM ERP can be accessed at: http://184.108.40.206:9090/campus . ERP Login details will be mailed to you.
The computing facility at IISER Mohali runs on the Linux operating system and you are expected to become familiar with the system.
There are two computer labs that you can use for your computing and internet browsing requirements. These labs are located on the first floor of informatics building. Labs are open during 9:00am-8:00pm on working days, and during 9:00am-5:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Labs are closed on Holidays.
Printing facility is available in these labs. You may use the printing facility and computer labs if there is no class in progress.
Rules of using computing facility for BS-MS students:
- The lab facilities are primarily for academic work and therefore you are expected to restrict yourself to academic work while using the computing facilities.
- Students are not allowed to switch off or switch on these systems. In case you spot a problem please contact computer centre staff.
- Users are not allowed to access social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc from computer labs. You may do it from your own phones or computers.
- Eatables are not allowed in computer labs.
- Students are not allowed in computer labs when they have a scheduled class somewhere else.
- Please take permission from computer centre staff before using the printing facilities.
- Students are expected to maintain discipline in the computer labs.
- Lab-coats are not allowed in the computer labs.
- You are expected to keep your mobile phones in silent mode.
- Proper Decorum has to be maintained inside the computer labs.